Evan is a member of Mayer Brown’s consumer class action and commercial law groups and co-chairs the editorial team for the Firm’s privacy and security newsletter and publications.
Evan has particular expertise in the fields of telecommunications, false claims, false advertising, unfair competition, foreign commerce, and consumer protection. Evan has advised clients in a wide array of industries, from a wide array of countries, including Argentina, Brazil, Costa Rica, Ecuador and Mexico.
Prior to practicing law, Evan served as assistant financial controller for a global management consulting company, ensuring compliance with federal regulations and contracts.
Evan joined Mayer Brown in 2006, after graduating order of the coiffrom the Marshall Wythe School of Law at the College of William & Mary in Virginia, and is a long-standing member of Mayer Brown’s recruitment and mentorship committees. Evan received his Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy from the University of Virginia in 2001.
- William & Mary Law School, JD
- University of Virginia, BA, with distinction
- US District Court for the Central District of California
- US District Court for the Southern District of California
- US District Court for the Northern District of California
- US District Court for the Eastern District of California
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Represented electronic ticket marketplace class action alleging unlawful recording of customer service telephone calls and invasion of privacy
- Represented real-estate companies in multiple class actions alleging unlawful recording of customer service telephone calls, unfair competition, and invasion of privacy
- Represented financial institutions in action by the Los Angeles City Attorney alleging false claims and unfair competition in connection with investment of city employee retirement funds
- Represented Mexican and South American telecommunications carriers in numerous patent infringement and breach of contract actions
- Represented a publicly traded real estate companies in actions and administrative proceedings alleging housing and disability discrimination
- Represented electronics developers in patent infringement and breach of contract actions
- Represented refrigerated trucking company in wrongful death action
- Represented television company in trademark infringement action
Rate : $$$