Evelyn Kim concentrates on project finance related to renewable energy generation facilities. She helps clients in the financing, development, and acquisition of these facilities, including solar, wind, and biomass projects.
Evelyn regularly counsels investors, lenders, private equity, independent power producers, sponsors, developers, electric utilities, contractors, and equipment suppliers on various aspects of limited-recourse project financing and development in the renewable energy field, as well as in other infrastructure sectors.
Evelyn also represents investor-owned utilities in infrastructure and transmission projects and in solar, wind, and biomass projects involving the utilities’ non-regulated affiliates.
- University of Illinois College of Law (JD cum laude) (2004)
- Cornell University (BA cum laude) (1998)
Admissions : California~United States
Representative Legal Matters:
- Represented a private equity sponsor in the acquisition, development, as well as the construction, back-leverage and tax equity financing of a 26 MW portfolio of solar projects in California.
- Represented a lender in the construction financing of a 50 MW portfolio of four solar projects being developed by a sponsor/independent power producer in Oregon.
- Represented TerraForm Power in the acquisition of a portfolio of 30 operating solar projects in the US and Canada totaling over 23 MWs and involving seven separate tax equity and debt financing arrangements.
- Represented First Wind Holdings LLC in the development, construction debt, tax equity, and term financing of its Massachusetts Solar portfolio.
Rate : $$$