Everett Joseph Cygal is the quintessential trial lawyer. For the last 15 years of his career, domestic and global insurance and reinsurance companies have hired Everett to try exceptionally complex, high-exposure cases before trial courts and arbitration panels.
Everett’s trials for these clients have included a vast array of property and casualty and life and health issues. Everett draws on his extensive trial experience and deep understanding of insurance and reinsurance issues to help his clients achieve successful outcomes.
Beyond his work for reinsurers, insurance companies have called on Everett to litigate sophisticated declaratory judgment actions concerning estoppel, lost policies, and advertising injury.
They have also entrusted him with complex issues of first impression, including the attempted importation of the continuous trigger theory into molestation coverage cases. Everett has successfully litigated leading cases relating to the Federal Arbitration Act, confidentiality, and the conduct of arbitrators and umpires.
- Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, J.D., 1993
- University of Chicago, A.B., 1989
- New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- AIDA Reinsurance and Insurance Arbitration Society
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
Rate : $$$