Everett Jack (EJ) focuses his practice on litigation, including complex corporate and commercial litigation, officer and director defense, employment, and insurance coverage. EJ works out of the New York and Portland offices of the firm.
He has served as the vice-chair of the Litigation department and spent six years on the firm’s Executive Committee. He also previously served as the chair of the firm’s Compensation Committee. He is the vice chair of the litigation department, serves on the firm’s Executive Committee and Strategic Growth Committee.
EJ’s diverse trial practice includes a wide range of commercial litigation which is typically factually complex and highly technical. During his career he has tried or arbitrated more than 50 cases through to verdict or decision. EJ has handled or become involved as trial counsel in cases throughout Davis Wright Tremaine, frequently in cases where extensive expert testimony is involved.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Vice Chair, Toxic Torts and Environmental Law Committee, American Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Federal Bar Council, New York Bar Association
- Judicial Screening Committee, Multnomah Bar Association
- Chief Justice DeMuniz Civil Law Advisory Committee, 2006; House of Delegates, 2001-2004; Past Chair, Procedure and Practice Committee – Oregon State Bar Association
- Board Member, Past Committee Chair, The Boys and Girls Aid Society of Oregon
- Past Board Member, St. Andrew Legal Clinic
- Nominee, American Board of Trial Advocates
- J.D., South Texas College of Law, 1989
- B.B.A., University of Portland, 1986, cum laude
Rate : $$$$