F. Andrew Anderson is of counsel in the Boston office of Locke Lord LLP and concentrates his practice on transactions involving intellectual property — especially relating to life sciences matters, including licenses and collaborations among biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical companies, technology transfer from academic research institutions including sponsored research and conflicts of interest, and international licensing and strategic partnerships.
He also has extensive experience advising healthcare organizations as well as biotechnology and research companies regarding clinical trials, privacy and informed consent. He also participates actively in the Firm’s trademark and copyright practices.
Andy is a veteran of the U.S. Navy, serving as an officer on destroyers between 1965 and 1969, primarily in the Mediterranean Sea and Middle East.
- Represented biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies in major collaborations, including transactions involving foreign entities
- Develops templates for a variety of life sciences engagements including manufacturing and supply agreements, confidentiality and consulting agreements and clinical trial agreements
- Drafts and negotiates clinical trial arrangements for multicenter and international studies for biotechnology companies and contract research organizations, including master services agreements, clinical trial agreements and informed consents
- Handled IP ownership structuring for complex tax-driven reorganizations of platform technology life sciences companies
- Provided detailed analysis and comparison of intellectual-property, conflicts, and technology-transfer policies at U.S. universities for a European technology transfer organization
- Evaluated trademarks and publicity rights issues for a nonprofit foundation making use of the name of a deceased author
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, Association of University Technology Managers
- Member, Licensing Executives Society
- Member, American Bar Association (Intellectual Property Section and Forum on Franchising)
- Member, International Trademark Association
- Member, Massachusetts Technology Leadership Council
- Member, Committee on Industrial Relations and Intellectual Property of Massachusetts General Hospital, 1991-1997
- J.D., Boston University School of Law, 1972
- Case Editor, Boston University Law Review, 1971-1972
- A.B., Dartmouth College, 1965
Admissions : Massachusetts, 1972
Rate : $$$