Doug Raymond has 30 years’ experience advising clients on mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings and joint ventures. He focuses on understanding his clients’ businesses and industries, their objectives and how to achieve them most effectively.
He is dedicated to helping his clients accomplish their goals effectively and efficiently. Doug is a managing partner of the firm and served as chair of the Corporate and Securities Group for more than 10 years.
Doug works extensively on matters of corporate governance for both public and private companies, and advises boards of directors and special board committees across a range of governance challenges. He also writes a regular column on governance matters for Directors & Boards magazine, which highlights his pragmatic approach to boardroom issues.
Doug, together with others at Drinker Biddle, has been involved in the development of Benefit corporations, a new type of entity that Drinker Biddle has helped establish in a majority of the United States. He has also worked on ESG investments.
Doug is also a director of a fifth generation family business with interests in industrial abrasives and related business. Doug has been representing clients in public offerings since 1986. Since then has represented issuers raising billions of dollars in securities transactions.
In addition to securities offerings, Doug regularly advises clients about disclosure and compliance questions under the securities laws and rules of the NYSE and NASDAQ.
Difficult disclosure issues can arise suddenly and without advance warning, and often require immediate solutions. Doug’s long experience with such issues has given him the judgment and perspective to address such issues as they arise. In addition to counseling his clients in connection with securities issuances, he has a considerable history in the securitization of financial assets.
Doug works with the firm’s clients on Mergers and Acquisitions, as well as joint ventures and other strategic relationships, where he brings to bear his industry knowledge, deep understanding of our clients and their objectives, and his focus on getting the job done. He is experienced in public acquisitions and sales, cross-border transactions and strategic joint ventures.
Doug is consistently singled out as among the top lawyers in his field by Chambers USA and the Legal 500. He has been described as “an excellent advisor who stands out for his practical and solution-oriented advice” and praised for his “excellent business sense and problem-solving abilities.” He has also been endorsed by Practical Law Company.
- Divestiture of a tank trailer manufacturer for a private equity fund.
- Several billion dollars of debt and equity offerings for an NYSE-listed insurance company.
- The acquisition for a global technology company of a logistics and services business.
- The acquisition of a multi-line catalog retailer for a strategic buyer and subsequent divestitures of that business.
- A dual track (IPO versus auction) process for a private equity seller of a global transportation and logistics company.
- A joint venture between a strategic and financial partner in the energy infrastructure business.
- Private equity buyers in a consolidation of niche manufacturing companies in a highly specialized market.
Bar Admissions : Pennsylvania
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 1985, magna cum laude
- Harvard University, B.A., 1980, cum laude
Rate : $$$$