Mike Bush concentrates his practice in the areas of corporate and business law. He has provided corporate and business representation for many corporations, concentrating primarily in the industries of manufacturing, health care and banking.
He provides on-going corporate counsel to approximately twenty business corporations in Mississippi and is local counsel to several large out-of-state public companies.
He has represented out-of-state companies in locating or expanding facilities in Mississippi, particularly with a view toward maximizing tax and other incentives offered by the State of Mississippi.
Mr. Bush has also worked in the area of municipal finance, having served as underwriters’ counsel, bond counsel, and trustees’ counsel. He has represented both buyers and sellers in a variety of acquisition transactions involving public and private companies in taxable and tax-free transactions.
- Harvard Law School, LL.M., 1972
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., with distinction, 1969; Editor-in-Chief, Mississippi Law Journal
- Brown University, B.A., 1967
ADMISSIONS : Mississippi
- The Mississippi Bar, Young Lawyers Section (Past President)
- American Bar Association
- Mississippi Secretary of State’s Business Law Advisory Group
- Mississippi Commission on Continuing Legal Education (Past Chairman)
- Board of Bar Examiners of Mississippi (Past Member)
- Mississippi Economic Council
- Representation of not-for-profit hospital in acquisition of large multi-specialty clinic.
- Representation of Fortune 500 company in bond financing of substantial expansion of meat processing facilities in Mississippi.
- Representation of privately-held out-of-state furniture company in asset acquisition of publicly held local furniture manufacturing company.
- Representation of large privately-held company in establishment of major warehouse facility in Mississippi.
- Representation of garment company in acquiring and disposing of manufacturing facilities in Mexico.
- Representation of local garment manufacturing company in relocation of operations to the Dominican Republic.
- Representation of buyer of a professional sports team.
Rate : $$$