Farrell A. Hochmuth is a partner in BakerHostetler’s Litigation Group, where she focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation. For the last nine years, Farrell has served as counsel to Trustee Irving H. Picard for the SIPA liquidation of Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC, in connection with Madoff’s Ponzi scheme.
She manages multiple aspects of legal strategy, drafting pleadings, managing discovery, and mediation in connection with the Trustee’s multi-billion dollar recovery effort, including litigating numerous adversary proceedings in Bankruptcy Court in New York.
Farrell also has experience working with clients in the energy industry, defending against claims of breach of contract, insurance coverage disputes and other business matters.
Farrell is a member of the firm’s Electronic Discovery Advocacy and Management team, and serves as discovery counsel to a major health care services company in litigations across the country related to distribution of controlled substances.
Additionally, she leads the Houston Women’s Committee and sits on the firm’s national Women’s Committee. In 1998, Farrell was selected as a U.S. Fulbright Scholar and completed her thesis on indigenous agriculture in Zimbabwe, Africa.
- Served as an integral member of the trial team that obtained a defense verdict in a breach of contract and bad faith pooling jury trial for an oil and gas company.
- First-chaired a breach of contract case for an energy services company in Harris County, Texas.
- Prevailed in a litigated breach of contract/warranty case before the American Arbitration Association.
- Represented an energy company in an insurance coverage dispute and has experience with the Texas Insurance Commission.
- Secured three victories in the Texas Courts of Appeals in dealer litigation for a large motor vehicle manufacturer, all of which were affirmed on appeal by the Texas Supreme Court.
- Texas Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 2003; cum laude; President, Environmental Law Society; Member, Order of the Barons; Casenotes and Comments Editor, Houston Journal of International Law
- B.A., Long Island University – Southampton College, 1997, magna cum laude
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
Rate : $$$$