Fatemeh S. Mashouf advises and represents clients in both state and federal litigation in single-plaintiff as well as class action matters at various stages. Her defense of employment class actions has involved:
- Preemption of the Federal Aviation Administration Authorization Act
- Preemption of the Motor Carrier Act
- Enforcement of arbitration agreements in light of California’s ever-changing standards
Additionally, Fatemeh advises clients across the country with employment practices audits using the firm’s innovative technology product, Audit QB. She works on audits locally and nationally, which includes reviews of wage and hour compliance under the Fair Labor Standards Act, state wage and hour laws across over 40 states, and state and federal best practices to minimize exposure and maximize education.
Fatemeh served as a judicial extern for the Hon. Charlene Kiesselbach in the San Francisco Superior Court. She volunteered at the Council on American-Islamic Relations, where she initiated a project which sought to attain religious accommodations for inmates in state penitentiaries.
As a volunteer for CARES at the Public Counsel Law Center, she advocated for individuals seeking aid at various social services agencies in Los Angeles. She headed an education reform initiative which involved collaboration between the Los Angeles Mayor’s office and UCLA School of Law.
As a visiting student at UCLA School of Law, she was an editor of the Journal of Islamic and Near Eastern Law and a member of the Public Interest Program’s admissions committee. Prior to law school, she was a scholar in the ArtsBridge America program through which she taught art educational programs at low income schools.
- J.D., University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 2012
- B.A., University of California, San Diego, 2009
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Board of Directors, Muslim Bar Association of Southern California
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, Iranian American Lawyers Association
- Member, Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
Rate : $$$