Fawaz A. Bham’s practice focuses on the acquisition, development, leasing and disposition of real estate nationwide, financing of projects secured by real estate, originating commercial mortgage-backed securities and balance sheet loans, and implementing private equity investment strategies and advising on organizational structure and entity formation.
Fawaz serves on the firm’s pro-bono committee and devotes time to several pro-bono efforts such as leading small business clinics in the Dallas area and serving at the DBA Legal Lines and volunteering with the Dallas Attorney Volunteer Program.
He also externed with the Honorable Catharina Haynes, US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- Represented a national lender originating a $155.5 million mortgage loan for two franchised hotels in California with ground leases.
- Represented a national lender originating a $30 million mortgage loan secured by a portfolio of 15 industrial buildings located in Illinois with a sharia-compliant master lease structure to accommodate international equity investments.
- Completed a strategic sale of a national company’s land and industrial properties in New Jersey, Ohio and California to two REITs for a combined purchase price of $50 million.
- Represented multiple national lenders in connection with securitizing originated commercial mortgage-backed securities loans.
- Represented a national lender originating a $35 million mortgage loan secured by a commercial mixed use development with retail, educational services and live/work units located in California.
- Represented a national lender in connection with refinancing a $140 million mortgage loan secured by a five-star hotel in California, a $45 million senior mezzanine loan with multiple notes and a $35 million junior mezzanine loan secured by ownership interests.
- Completed multiple sub and non-performing commercial loans portfolio acquisition transactions of $330 million with collateral in multiple jurisdictions throughout the United States for a global private equity firm.
- Concluded acquisitions, leases and dispositions of various properties nationwide, including REO properties, office buildings, retail centers, apartment complexes, condominiums, hotels, industrial sites, land, and subdivisions.
- Represented a national lender originating a $37 million mortgage loan of an office complex, with over 100,000 rentable square feet, in California and defeasing the prior financing.
- Represented a national lender originating a $12.4 million mortgage loan of a mixed-use development consisting of student housing and retail units in Michigan and defeasing the prior financing.
- Represented a national lender originating a $36 million mortgage loan for an apartment complex spanning 22 buildings in Texas.
- JD, SMU Dedman School of Law, cum laude, Administrative Managing Editor, SMU Law Review, 2013
- BA, Economics, Political Science, and Public Policy, Southern Methodist University, cum laude, 2008
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Asian American Bar Association
- Member, Texas Young Lawyer Association
- Member, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Pathfinder, Leadership Council on Legal Diversity
Rate : $$$