Felicia G. Traub is an intellectual property attorney who specializes in trademarks and brand protection. She brings over twenty years of experience counseling clients from a wide spectrum of industries with regard to domestic and international trademark clearance, protection, and maintenance, as well as brand commercialization, including advising on trademark licensing issues.
She has managed international trademark portfolios for large and small companies, including multi-national corporations with famous brand equities across the globe. Ms. Traub has guided clients concerning the intellectual property issues which arise in all stages of a multi-national launch of a product — from concept stage to shelf and beyond.
Ms. Traub has represented clients in diverse market sectors worldwide, including in the fields of luxury goods, toiletries, perfumery & cosmetics, fashion, apparel & accessories; retailing & merchandising; entertainment; household cleaning products; telecommunications; medical devices, pharmaceuticals; health care and physical rehabilitation services; alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and food production, restaurant services; pet nutrition; sporting equipment; waste processing; industrial equipment; financial services; and philanthropic services.
During her tenure as in-house counsel at Colgate-Palmolive Company, she had jurisdiction over major consumer product categories in more than two-hundred countries globally, counseling business units on all aspects of trademark, copyright and unfair competition law.
She has conducted intellectual property due diligence and coordinated transfers of intellectual property assets relating to brand acquisitions and corporate acquisitions and divestitures. Ms. Traub has also trained marketing business executives and graphics design teams in the field of consumer packaged goods concerning the trademark, copyright, image rights, and rights of publicity issues that are especially pertinent to their trades.
Ms. Traub has practiced in both law firm and in-house corporate legal environments. Her prior legal roles were with the following organizations:
- FERGUSON BRASWELL FRASER KUBASTA PC, Plano, TX, Shareholder and Attorney, Intellectual Property Group (2015-2017)
- DUANE MORRIS LLP, New York, NY, Special Counsel, Intellectual Property Group (2009-2015)
- COLGATE-PALMOLIVE COMPANY, New York, NY, Senior Counsel, Trademark & Copyright (Global Product Category Responsibilities) (2002 –2009)
- CHANEL, TRADEMARK SERVICES LIMITED, New York, NY, Intellectual Property Counsel (2000-2002)
- COWAN, LIEBOWITZ & LATMAN, P.C., New York, NY, Associate, Intellectual Property and Internet Technology Group (1994-2000)
- SKADDEN, ARPS, SLATE, MEAGHER & FLOM, New York, NY, Associate, Intellectual Property Group (1993-1994)
Ms. Traub grew up in Massachusetts. She graduated summa cum laude from Duke University, where she majored in Latin and was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. She was also awarded a Duke University Faculty Scholar Award for overall academic achievement and excellence in independent research relating to Latin texts from the period of early Italian humanism.
She earned her juris doctor from New York University School of Law, where she was selected to serve on the editorial staff of the Journal of International Law and Politics and was awarded the Jack J. Katz Memorial Prize in Entertainment Law. In addition to her prior concentration in Ancient Latin literature, Ms. Traub is proficient in French, has studied Ancient Greek, and can read Spanish, Portuguese and some Italian.
- New York University School of Law, J.D.
- Duke University, A.B., summa cum laude
- Duane Morris, LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Colgate-Palmolive Company (Sr. Counsel, Global Trademarks and Copyrights)
- Chanel, Trademark Counsel Ltd. (IP Counsel)
- New York
- U.S. Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Southern District of New York
Rate : $$$