As a business litigator, Fentrice has handled cases involving breach of contract, civil theft, the Uniform Commercial Code, covenants not to compete, non-solicitation clause disputes, theft of trade secrets, and unfair and deceptive trade practices. She also has experience litigating civil lawsuits to recover criminal restitution.
She also defends clients throughout all stages of consumer finance litigation involving the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act (FCCPA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA), and Truth in Lending Act (TILA). Fentrice partners with clients to develop policies, procedures, and compliance best practices with respect to state and federal consumer protection laws, including the TCPA.
In addition, she handles commercial and contested foreclosures and works with clients to enforce creditors’ remedies in bankruptcy proceedings. Prior to joining Carlton Fields, Fentrice clerked for the Honorable Anne C. Conway, Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida. Fentrice also previously interned for Magistrate Judge Andrew J. Peck of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., 2004)
- Frederick Douglass Moot Court Team
- Dean’s Certificate for Outstanding Service to Law Center Community
- Harvard University (B.A., 2001)
- President, Undergraduate Council
- First African-American Woman Elected as President Council
- Judicial Intern, Magistrate Judge Andrew K. Peck, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York (2002)
- Law Clerk to The Honorable Anne C. Conway, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida (2004-2006)
Professional & Community Involvement:
- George Edgecomb Bar Association
- President (2014-present)
- First Vice President (2010-2014)
- Secretary (2008-2010)
- The Florida Bar
- Standing Committee on Diversity and Inclusion (2013-present)
- Committee Member, Susan G. Komen, Suncoast Affiliate Race (2006-2007)
Rate : $$$$