Fernando C. Alonso, recognized as one of the best corporate lawyers by peers and professional publications, has practiced in the corporate and securities, banking and international fields for more than 25 years.
His clients include a broad range of publicly owned and privately held US and foreign companies and financial institutions.
Fernando has been involved in numerous significant mergers and acquisition, joint ventures and other business transactions, including those involving cross-border complexities.
His practice involves representation of both financial institutions and companies in connection with equity and debt financings. He has structured and directed numerous private equity deals. Fernando has been involved in the structuring of several public/private partnerships, privatizations and government contracts and concessions.
He regularly represents foreign clients in connection with US acquisitions, as well as domestic companies in connection with their international expansion.
Fernando has particular experience in the energy, infrastructure and telecommunications sectors.
Before commencing his practice, he served as a judicial clerk for the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Fernando is chairman of the firm’s Latin American and Iberian practice group.
- JD, Yale Law School, 1983
- BA, History, Yale University, summa cum laude, 1980
- District of Columbia
- New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- Member, Florida Bar, New York Bar and District of Columbia Bar
- Member of the Miami Dade Bar Association
- Member, International Bar Association
- Member, Council of the Americas
- Member, Board of Directors, Spain-US Chamber of Commerce
- Member, World Services Group
Rate : $$$