For over 20 years, Fernando Margarit has represented clients on domestic and cross-border financing transactions, mergers and acquisitions, infrastructure projects and other corporate transactions.
Fernando routinely represents project sponsors, developers, equity investors and financial institutions on a wide range of infrastructure projects, including some of the world’s most significant subsea fiber optic cable systems.
He also regularly represents clients in complex mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances, financings and other corporate transactions, often on a cross border basis. Fernando has particular experience and familiarity with the legal systems, culture and business practices of Latin America.
Fernando’s clients range from start-up corporations to some of the world’s largest multinational telecommunications carriers, financial institutions and private and public companies.
- Represents financial institutions and borrowing groups on a wide range of domestic and cross-border financings, including syndicated credits and asset-based and other structured financings
- Represents clients on complex mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances and other corporate transactions across a broad range of sectors, including the transportation, financial services, telecommunications and media sectors
- Represents numerous telecommunications operators and groups on all facets of the construction, development and operation of subsea fiber optic networks in the Pacific, Atlantic and Indian Oceans and Caribbean and Mediterranean Seas
- Regularly represents domestic and multinational companies in connection with establishing and developing their presence in the United States as well as in connection with their commercial and business activities in Latin America
- JD, Harvard Law School, 1993
- BA, Economics, University of Miami, magna cum laude, 1989
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Member, International Bar Association
- Member, Council of the Americas
- Member, Spain-US Chamber of Commerce, Florida and New York
- Member, Brazilian-US Chamber of Commerce, Florida and New York
- Member, World Services Group
Rate : $$$$