Floyd Bienstock is one of the preeminent bad faith trial lawyers in America. He has defended and tried individual actions, as well as class actions, across the country, including in more than 20 states and the District of Columbia. He founded and leads the Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith group in the Phoenix office. Floyd has also acted as regional and national coordinating counsel for major property and casualty insurers in defending institutional claim handling programs.
He concentrates his practice in the defense of insurance companies accused of acting in bad faith, violating the unfair trade and claims practices acts, or abusing process in the defense of its insureds and counsels insurers on coverage issues and the use of claim valuation and claim handling software.
Floyd is a frequent lecturer on civil trial techniques, insurance bad faith, and defending class actions. He is the former chair of the State Bar of Arizona’s Trial Practice Section and a former managing partner of Steptoe’s Phoenix office.
- Founder, Board of Directors (2011–present) and Chair (2015–2017), NorthBridge College Success Program for students with learning disabilities
- Board of Directors (2004–2010) and Chair (2008–2010), New Way Learning Academy, a K-12 school for students with learning disabilities
- Chair, National Board of Visitors, The University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law (2004–present)
- J.D., University of Arizona College of Law, 1980, with distinction; Executive Editor, Arizona Law Review; Member, 1979 National Moot Court Team
- B.A., Rutgers University, 1976, with distinction
Rate : $$$