B. Ford Robertson is the Managing Partner of the firm’s Raleigh office, and leader of the firm’s Real Estate Investment and Development Team.
He practices in virtually all aspects of commercial real estate, with a focus on real estate development, investment and leasing, including industrial, retail and office leasing, sale/leaseback transactions, condominium and mixed-use developments, joint venture formation, tax-free exchanges and financing of commercial properties nationwide.
- Assisted North Carolina and Virginia-based credit unions in the origination and closing of commercial real estate loans across the country, in jurisdictions including California, Texas, Florida, Virginia, Philadelphia and the Carolinas.
- Assisted a North Carolina-based real estate firm in connection with its acquisition, disposition and leasing of multiple Triangle area projects, including medical office buildings, office parks and flex/warehouse projects.
- Represented developer in various in-fill real estate projects in Raleigh, North Carolina, including acquisition, redevelopment and structuring of investment partnerships for financing Country Club Homes Apartments, Whitaker Mill Apartments, Palms Apartments and Methodist office building and redevelopment of Glenwood Place office park.
- Represented Kane Realty as a joint venture partner involved in the development and construction of a continuing care retirement community (CCRC), known as The Cardinal at North Hills, including complex financing issues, and provided guidance on obtaining regulatory approvals from the North Carolina Department of Insurance.
- Represent developer in connection with its assemblage, acquisition, entitlement, development and infrastructure of a site for four mixed-use projects on one city block in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Represented developer in the acquisition, financing, and leasing of 540,000 square foot Lifestyle Center with mixed-use and freestanding properties in Clemmons, N.C.
- Assisted real estate developer in the acquisition of a site in downtown Raleigh that will one day be home to an urban mixed use public-private partnership project with retail, office and residential space on top of a 550 space underground parking deck.
- Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D. (1996) magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- University of Virginia, B.A., Government and Economics (1993)
- Georgia (1996)
- North Carolina (2000)
Rate : $$$$