Forrest Booth focuses his practice in insurance and reinsurance with particular emphasis on the defense of claims and disputes, litigation, admiralty and maritime claims, insurance coverage, marine insurance, oil and gas and energy matters.
He has substantial knowledge and experience in cases involving personal injuries, collisions, cargo damage, oil pollution, charter parties, maritime contract disputes, pilotage, marine insurance coverage, mediation, ship building and ship repair, vessel arrest, product liability, property damage, construction defect, oil industry indemnity agreements, breach of contract, marine salvage, maritime fraud, stevedoring, cargo subrogation and commercial and oil and gas energy matters.
Mr. Booth also advises and counsels his clients on matters of commercial general liability. Prior to joining Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP in March 2015, Mr. Booth was for nine years a partner at an insurance boutique firm in San Francisco.
He was a partner at a number of other San Francisco firms, including having been a founder and senior partner of his own firm in the 1990s. He began his career in at a firm in Washington, D.C.
- American Bar Association, International Law and Practice Section, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Insurance Practice Section, Member
- The Maritime Law Association of the United States (MLA), Member
- International Bar Association (IBA), Member
- J.D., Harvard Law School
- B.A., cum laude, Amherst College
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
Rate : $$$$