Frances P. (Fran) Forte’s practice is focused on outsourcing, data protection, and risk management. She works with companies in the areas of compliance, incident management, breach response plans, and litigation. She also advises clients on data privacy issues, technology and data licensing, and cross-border transfers of data.
She has particular experience with cloud transactions, HIPAA-related incidents, transatlantic data transfers under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, critical infrastructure security, and privacy and security policy audits.
Fran is certified as a privacy professional (CIPP/US) by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP). She counsels clients on various U.S. laws and data protection laws in other major jurisdictions, along with advising clients on compliance with applicable industry standards and frameworks. Her clients are in a variety of industries, such as technology, human resources, financial services, communications, and health care.
Fran is a regular speaker and author of articles on cybersecurity. She also volunteers as an attorney coach at South Atlanta High School as a part of the State Bar of Georgia’s Mock Trial Competition.
- Mercer University (J.D. magna cum laude 2014; Top 5% of class; Senior Managing Editor, Mercer Law Review; Member, Mercer Advocacy Council and Mugal National Tax Moot Court competition team); The George Washington University (Bachelor of Accountancy magna cum laude 2011)
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia and Georgia Court of Appeals
- Intern to Judge W. Homer Drake Jr.,
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court,
- Northern District of Georgia (2012)
- Cylance to be acquired by BlackBerry for $1.4 billion
- SAP to acquire Qualtrics for $8 billion
- UPL to acquire Arysta LifeScience from Platform Specialty Products Corporation for $4.2 billion
- Adecco Group acquires General Assembly Space, Inc. for $412.5 million
- Procter & Gamble to acquire consumer health business of Merck KGaA
- Newell Brands sells Winter Sports businesses to Kohlberg & Company for $240 million
- FactSet Research Systems acquires Interactive Data Managed Solutions
- SAP acquires Abakus, Inc.
Rate : $$$$