Francesca L. Odell’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity transactions and other financing transactions (including capital markets, restructurings and project finance).
Her practice is primarily cross-border, focusing on Latin America, and particularly Brazil. Francesca joined the firm in 1996 and became a partner in 2005.
- Petrobras in significant SEC reporting, corporate governance, financing and litigation matters in connection with the investigation related to Operation Car Wash.
- Banco Nacional de Desenvolvimento Econômico e Social (BNDES), Brazil’s national bank for economic and social development and the primary domestic source of long-term financing in the Brazilian economy, on its international legal matters.
- Petrobras on its successful $2.5 billion SEC registered bond offering which, according to media reports, was the largest century bond offering to date and the first by a Brazilian issuer, and restored investor confidence in the company and Brazil.
- General Mills in various transactions in Latin America, including the acquisition of a Brazilian business and the sale of its Venezuelan business.
- Board Member, Brazilian-American Chamber of Commerce
- Advisory Board Chair, Legal Outreach
- Board Co-Chair, The Retreat
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 1996
- University of Wisconsin, B.A., 1993
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Rate : $$$$