Francesca Perkins Austin focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation and bankruptcy matters. Ever thoughtful of her clients’ needs, Francesca utilizes her well-rounded experiences to design individual, creative strategies that address the unique needs of each client.
Francesca clerked for the Honorable Andrew L. Carter, United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, after working for another major New York-based law firm. During law school, Francesca was a judicial intern for the Honorable Ronald L. Ellis, United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Served on a large team that represented secured lenders involved in financing transactions during a bankruptcy matter. Researched case law, reviewed documents and helped produce discovery. Worked on privilege logs, assisted with interviews of company executives and prepared statements for use in depositions. Attended the depositions of the executives, as well as those of financial experts used during the case.
- Represented a creditors’ committee in a large bankruptcy case related to leveraged buyout transactions. Performed investigative work into various accounts at issue and drafted dispositive motions.
- American Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- Metropolitan Black Bar Association
- Director of Communications
- Association of Black Women Attorneys
- Fordham Alumni Minority Mentorship Program: Mentor
- Practicing Attorneys for Law Students: Mentor
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law
- B.A., History, Carleton College, cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York
Rate : $$$$