Francis Powell is a partner of Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP in Boston where his practice includes the representation of clients in a range of business disputes, construction and surety litigation, and defense of product liability and personal injury claims.
He is also currently serving as a Special Assistant Attorney General to represent an agency of the Commonwealth in litigation arising from Boston’s “Big Dig.” Mr. Powell counsels commercial and government clients, individuals and insurers regarding litigation strategy, contracting and risk management.
- Suffolk University Law School, JD, magna cum laude (1998)
- College of the Holy Cross, BA, Political Science (1993)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
Previous Professional Experience:
- Partner at a Boston law firm with an emphasis in business litigation and products liability defense (2008-2012)
- Attorney at a large Boston law firm where he practiced in the areas of general commercial litigation, tort litigation, employment lawsuits, and premises liability (1998-2008)
- Paralegal and law clerk, Public Corruption Unit of the United States Attorney’s Office in Boston (1994 – 1998)
- Co-Chair, Insurance Law Committee, Boston Bar Association (2010 – 2012)
- American Bar Association
Rate : $$$$