Francisca Mok is the Managing Partner of Reed Smith’s Century City office and a member of the Global Regulatory Enforcement Group. She handles a variety of complex commercial litigation matters, including in the areas of securities law, unfair competition and class action litigation.
She also conducts internal investigations for clients in a variety of industries and represents companies and individuals in government investigations by criminal and civil authorities.
- University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law, 1999, J.D.
- Harvard University, 1995, B.A.
Professional Admissions & Qualifications : California
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court – Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals – Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court – District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of California
- Commercial Litigation
- Represented real estate fund manager in defense of California Corporations Code and securities fraud claims brought by investors in real estate fund
- Represents limited partners in litigation alleging breach of fiduciary duty against general partner in housing partnership
- Represents client in legal malpractice action brought by investment fund bankruptcy trustee
- Defense of Government Investigations and Actions
- Represented former Chairman of the Board of a bank in SEC investigation and civil action alleging securities violations in connection with mortgage crisis
- Represented California-based public company in SEC investigation into alleged violations of FCPA in Eastern Europe
- Represented corporate officers in insider trading investigations by the Securities and Exchange Commission and Department of Justice
- Represents publicly traded company in investigation of alleged False Claims Act violations.
Rate : $$$$