Francisco A. Rodriguez focuses his practice on cross-border disputes and international arbitration and litigation. He represents multinational companies in the defense, financial, infrastructure, energy, biotech, software, media, and hospitality sectors in complex civil and common law matters.
Francisco litigates disputes before international arbitration panels in Latin America, Europe, the Caribbean, and throughout state and federal courts in the United States. His practice has covered a diverse range of issues such as contract disputes involving submarines, pharmaceuticals, and broadcast rights as well as investor-state arbitrations.
His experience includes the representation of U.S. and Latin American multinationals in international arbitrations in both English and Spanish.
Francisco serves as chair of Akerman’s R&D Council, a first-of-its-kind innovation in the law firm sector dedicated to creating new offerings that advance the business of law and redefine service delivery models, jointly helping Akerman and its clients overcome future barriers to innovation and growth.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2003
- B.A., University of Miami, Political Science, 2000, cum laude
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia; Florida; New York
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Florida Immigrant Advocacy Center
- United States Council for International Business Young Arbitrators Forum, Steering Committee Member
- Adjunct professor, International LL.M. Program, Florida International University School of Law
- Law Clerk to the The Honorable Adalberto Jordan, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
Rate : $$$