Frank DiGiacomo practices in the areas of gaming, entertainment and regulatory law representing many public and private companies both within the gaming industry and which conduct business with the gaming industry.
Mr. DiGiacomo has significant experience representing public and privately held casino operators, gaming equipment manufacturers, technology providers engaged in interactive and social gaming, financial services companies and lottery companies in connection with licensing, regulatory investigations, compliance matters, financing approvals, equity offerings, mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, technology approvals and other gaming regulatory issues.
His clients within the gaming industry include casinos, casino holding companies, slot machine manufacturers, skill-based and e-gaming companies, technology providers, hedge funds, investors, private equity firms, interactive and mobile gaming ventures, sports betting, technology providers, financial institutions, private investors, construction contractors, lottery companies and other gaming industry vendors.
Mr. DiGiacomo has handled gaming, lottery and related regulatory licensing matters in numerous domestic and international jurisdictions including New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York, Massachusetts, Maryland, Delaware, Connecticut, West Virginia, Maine, Illinois, Louisiana, New Mexico, Canada and Europe.
He has advised U.S.-based gaming clients in dealings with Native American gaming regulatory agencies and on ventures in Asia (including Macau), South America, Eastern Europe and Africa.
He has also advised on internet promotions, social gaming, internet based marketing and promotional sweepstakes matters, procurement matters and government privatization issues in addition to handling various types of litigation.
- Represented Wynn Resorts, Limited and its subsidiary, Wynn MA, LLC in an adjudicatory hearing before the Massachusetts Gaming Commission to remove the company’s former CEO and Chairman as a required “qualifier” in connection with Wynn MA’s gaming license.
- Represented Boyd Gaming Corporation before the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board in connection receiving preliminary approval of its acquisition of the Valley Forge Casino Resort.
- Advised TheScore, Inc. on the acquisition of ApptheGame, Inc., which operates the daily fantasy sports service Swoopt. Advised the client on gaming-related matters at the federal level and in every state jurisdiction in the United States.
- Legal counsel to American Racing and Entertainment, LLC, parent company of Tioga Downs Racetrack, LLC, in securing a $90 million senior secured debt facility that will enable the full scale, $145 million casino expansion of Tioga Downs in New York state.
- Represented GameCo, Inc., the creator of the world’s first skill-based video game gambling machines (VGM™), in acquiring approvals from the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement to debut its product at Atlantic City casinos.
- Represented Wynn Resorts Limited in its successful Phase 1 Suitability investigation by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission.
- Represented Wynn Resorts Limited in its application before the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board for a casino license in the City of Philadelphia.
- Represented an international construction company on its licensing as a non-gaming vendor with the Massachusetts Gaming Commission. This was the first such construction company licensed by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission.
- Obtained all required approvals from the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board and Pennsylvania Harness Racing Commission in connection with the 2008 purchase of Harrah’s Entertainment, Inc. by two private equity firms, Apollo Management and TPG Capital, for $31 billion.
- Represented the Association of Gaming Equipment Manufacturers in New Jersey regarding gaming regulatory reforms and amendments to the N.J. Casino Control Act.
- Obtained on behalf of a privately held casino the gaming regulatory approvals required for an initial public offering.
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 1992
- Drexel University, B.S., 1987
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Supreme Court of the United States
- New Jersey State Bar Association, – Chair, Casino Law Section, Past Chairman of the Section
- International Association of Gaming Advisors, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association — Gaming Law Committee
Rate : $$$