Frank S. Benjamin’s experience encompasses all aspects of intellectual property and technology law, including trademark selection, clearance and prosecution; general IP counseling; and the negotiation and drafting of agreements relating to the protection, development, licensing, distribution and transfer of IP and technology.
Frank also handles IP- and technology-related disputes, including domain name hijacking, Internet scams, online defamation, trademark/trade dress infringement, representing clients in administrative proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeals Board of the US Patent and Trademark Office and other venues all over the world.
Frank manages large global trademark portfolios, in connection with which he has developed cost-effective maintenance, monitoring and enforcement programs for a number of famous brands. This has involved selecting and coordinating teams of attorneys both domestically and internationally.
In his technology practice, Frank works with clients across many industries and stages of development, from startups and early-stage enterprises to large, publicly held companies, including “low-tech” companies struggling with issues relating to the Internet and e-commerce, including privacy and data security.
Frank also provides support in the areas of IP and technology in mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliances and similar transactions. Most recently, Frank was ranked one of Georgia’s “Legal Elite” by the magazine Georgia Trend.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 1990, JD
- State University of New York, 1987, BA, cum laude
Admissions and qualifications:
- New York
Activities and Affiliations:
- “Check-Up – Helping Nonprofit Organizations: Understanding Their Legal Issues”, Pro Bono Partnership Atlanta, May 2014
- “Intellectual Property Overview”, Atlanta Telecom Professionals, February 10, 2009
- “Building Value Through Knowledge: Intellectual Property Rights”, Association of Information Technology Professionals, Atlanta Chapter, January 18, 2007
- TechAmerica (formerly the American Electronics Association) – Southeast Council
- Technology Association of Georgia
- Georgia State Bar Association, Intellectual Property and Technology Sections
Rate : $$$$