Frank Bonaventure is a shareholder in Baker Donelson’s Baltimore office and co-chair of the Financial Services Transactions Group. As a former federal and state regulator, Mr. Bonaventure has experience with banks, credit unions, savings associations and non-depository lenders.
Mr. Bonaventure is a sought-after resource for the media on bank regulatory issues, and is quoted frequently in business and trade publications including the Wall Street Journal and The American Banker magazine. Recognized throughout the legal community, he has been listed in the Financial Institutions, Transactions Law and Banking Law categories of The Best Lawyers in America® since 2005.
In addition, he represents financial institutions from a corporate standpoint in all phases of mergers and acquisitions, purchase and assumption transactions, holding company acquisitions, mutual conversions and general corporate governance.
Mr. Bonaventure’s experience in non-financial institution corporate matters includes structuring new corporations, negotiation of contracts, internal governance, mergers, acquisitions and other business combinations.
Mr. Bonaventure is the past chairman of the Maryland Lottery Commission and currently serves on the Baltimore City Board of Municipal and Zoning Appeals. He often speaks to the banking community on topics related to capital formation, M&A issues and governance.
- Howard Law School, J.D., 1980, cum laude
- University of Maryland, B.A., 1974
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- Member – American Bar Association, Section on Business Law
- Baltimore City Board of Municipal and Zoning Appeals
- Member, Task Force Director Education – Maryland Bankers Association
- Section on Corporations, Banking and Business – Maryland State Bar Association
Rate : $$$$