Frank Jacobs concentrates his practice in the areas of estate planning, general tax planning, charitable planned giving, business structuring, business succession planning and planning for qualified retirement plan beneficiary designation payouts.
Mr. Jacobs is admitted to the bar of Ohio and to practice in the federal courts, including the United States Supreme Court. Additionally, he holds a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certificate (now inactive). Mr. Jacobs has been a member of the Firm since September 1, 1984.
Mr. Jacobs is accredited by the Ohio State Bar Association as a Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law and is currently a member of the Specialty Board which develops and administers the specialty test.
He has presented at a number of business and professional society meetings covering tax, business, charitable gifting and estate planning subjects as well as written various articles in his areas of expertise. Mr. Jacobs is a former adjunct professor in the College of Law, University of Toledo, in tax subjects.
In 1991, he was elected a fellow in The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, an international association of lawyers recognized as outstanding practitioners in the fields of estate and trust planning and administration, related taxation, business succession, insurance planning and employee benefits. Membership in the College is an honor conferred by the peers of the newly-elected fellow and is by invitation-only from the College’s Board of Regents.
- The University of Michigan Law School, J.D. with honors, Order of the Coif, 1959
- University of Toledo, B.S. summa cum laude, 1956
ADMISSIONS : Ohio, 1959
- Central Catholic High School Foundation (former board member)
- Congregation Shomer Emunim (past president and former member of executive committee)
- Toledo Community Foundation (past president)
- Toledo Law Association (vice president and treasurer)
- Toledo Opera (member of endowment committee; former board member)
- Toledo Symphony Orchestra (Executive Committee secretary; board member)
Rate : $$$$