Frank Bayouth is the head of Skadden’s Houston office. His practice concentrates on corporate and securities matters, with particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, corporate finance and corporate governance issues.
Mr. Bayouth represents public and private companies, private equity firms and hedge funds, as well as investment banks and financing sources in a variety of U.S. and international transactions, primarily in the oil and gas sector. Some of the companies he has advised include:
- Noble Energy, Inc. in its:
- $3.2 billion acquisition of Clayton Williams Energy, Inc.;
- $2.1 billion acquisition of Rosetta Resources Inc.; and
- $3.4 billion acquisition of Patina Oil & Gas Corporation;
- the lead investor in RKI Exploration and Production, LLC in connection with the $2.75 billion acquisition of RKI by WPX Energy, Inc.;
- Devon Energy Corporation in its acquisition of 82,000 net acres in the Eagle Ford from GeoSouthern Energy for $6 billion;
- the special committee of the board of directors of TPC Group, Inc. in the $850 million contested leveraged buyout of TPC Group by First Reserve Corporation and SK Capital Partners;
- Five Point Capital Partners and GSO Capital Partners in connection with the acquisition of equity interests in Twin Eagle Resource Management LLC;
- the special committee of the board of directors of Kinder Morgan, Inc. in the leveraged buyout of Kinder Morgan;
- Vulcan Energy Corporation in its contested leveraged buyout of Plains Resources Inc.;
- Slough Estates plc in the sale of its debt and equity interests in Tipperary Corporation and its principal subsidiary, Tipperary Oil & Gas (Australia) Pty Ltd.;
In the corporate finance area, Mr. Bayouth has represented issuers, underwriters and purchasers in public and private offerings of debt and equity securities. With respect to general corporate matters, Mr. Bayouth has advised companies concerning SEC reporting obligations, board and stockholder affairs, and other corporate and securities law matters.
Mr. Bayouth was named in Chambers Global in 2017, repeatedly has been selected for inclusion in Chambers USA and The Best Lawyers in America, and was named as a leading lawyer by Legal 500 U.S. in 2016. He also was named as a 2017 Energy MVP by Law360.
He received the 2013 ILO Client Choice Award, awarded by The International Law Office in recognition of individual partners who excel across the full spectrum of client service.
Rate : $$$