With nearly 20 years spent guiding top-tier companies in the healthcare industry, Frank C. Miller offers considerable insight to clients of his healthcare transactions practice. His comprehensive background includes serving as the lead counsel for one of the largest nonprofit integrated managed healthcare providers in the United States.
A creative thinker with a collaborative approach, Frank earns praise for the results-oriented strategies he employs when representing healthcare providers and companies across the country.
- Lead in-house transactional counsel for negotiation of amendments to health care services agreement and corrective action plan in connection with infection issues at medical center related to its cardiac surgery program. Negotiated quality improvement metrics and monitoring as well as recovery of financial diversion differential.
- Lead in-house transactional counsel for integrated health care system in its nationwide bidding process for new consolidated contracting arrangement for approximately $1 billion of scheduled and unscheduled medical transportation services. Advised executive leadership regarding bid process, drafted contract templates for medical transportation services for use in contracting effort, and negotiated final agreements with providers.
- Outside transactional counsel for a nonprofit health plan, in its acquisition of a captive health insurer, third party administrator and related affiliates from a regional hospital system.
- Co-lead counsel appointed by the Ohio Attorney General to assist state-affiliated universities in implementing the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and its privacy and security regulations.
- Successfully handled a property tax exemption application on behalf of nonprofit hospital system in connection with construction of a new hospital and related medical office buildings.
- J.D., Case Western Reserve University School of Law, 1999
- B.A., Miami University, 1996
Admissions : U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio, California
Rate : $$$$