Frank C. Razzano focuses his practice on all areas of civil, commercial and criminal litigation with an emphasis on U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission enforcement. He has more than 40 years of civil and criminal jury trial experience, concentrating in broker-dealer regulation, SEC enforcement and white-collar criminal defense.
Frank has represented executives of Fortune 500 companies in grand jury investigations as well as SEC investigations. Recent matters Frank has handled include :
- judgment after trial dismissing an SEC cease-and-desist proceeding against the managing director of a major bank involving late trading and market timing; and
- dismissal of a Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) disciplinary proceeding against the CEO of a major broker-dealer.
Frank has significant experience handling international litigation matters. As a former Assistant United States Attorney, he prosecuted an overseas corruption case. He has also defended clients in Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), money-laundering, customs and criminal securities cases involving Canada, New Zealand, Germany, the Bahamas, Japan, Costa Rica and the Cayman Islands.
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Frank was partner at a national law firm. Frank also served as an Assistant U.S. Attorney for the District of New Jersey, where he handled political corruption and mail wire fraud cases, and as an Assistant Chief Trial Attorney at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Frank has held the position of civil law editor for the RICO Law Reporter since 1989 and has been a member of the publication’s advisory board since 1986. He also sits on the advisory board for the Securities Regulation Law Journal and the Securities Litigation Reform Act Reporter.
Previously, Frank served as a member of the honorary advisory committee for the Journal of International Law and Practice at Detroit College of Law and the advisory board of the Journal of Corporate Disclosure and Confidentiality.
Frank is a former director and former president of the Association of Securities and Exchange Commission Alumni. In addition, he served as chairman of the American Bar Association’s Criminal Laws Committee of the Business Law Section from 1996 to 1999 and chairman of the Litigation Section of the District of Columbia Bar from 1987 to1989.
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., 1972)
- St. Louis University (B.A., magna cum laude, 1969)
- American Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Trial Lawyers’ Association
- Virginia State Bar
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
BOARD OF DIRECTORS :
- RICO Law Reporter
- Securities Regulation Law Journal
- Securities Litigation Reform Act Reporter
- Association of Securities and Exchange Commission Alumni (1989 – 2013)
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
BAR ADMISSIONS : District of Columbia, Virginia, New York.
Rate : $$$