Frank E. Stevenson has substantial experience in representing financial institutions, owners, developers and other clients in workout matters, construction lending, permanent financing, equity financings and bond financing. Frank also represents financial institutions in lending transactions backed by governmental leases and other contracts, as well as sellers and purchasers of improved and unimproved property.
His experience also includes extensive work in the transportation field, general counsel representation of government agencies, drafting and negotiating interlocal and interagency agreements, acquisition of right-of-way, drafting legislation and administrative rules, Open Meetings and Open Records representation, drafting procurement contracts, and related work.
Frank was the 2016-2017 President of the State Bar of Texas. Additionally, he is the former Chair of the Dallas Bar Foundation, a former Chair of the State Bar Board of Directors, and a former President of the Dallas Bar Association.
Professional Affiliations :
- President, State Bar of Texas (2016-2017)
- Board of Directors, State Bar of Texas (2010-2014; 2015-Present)
- Chair (2012-2013)
- Trustee, Texas Bar Foundation (2018-Present)
- Vice President, Western States Bar Conference (2018-Present)
- Member, American Bar Association House of Delegates (2015-Present)
- Member, ABA Standing Committee on the Delivery of Legal Services (2017-Present)
- Member, Commission to Expand Civil Legal Services (appointed by Texas Supreme Court) (2016-2017)
- Member, Legislative Advisory Committee, Texas Access to Justice Commission (2014-Present)
- Frequent speaker at Dallas Bar Association CLE and other events, including its Evening Ethics Program, Summer Professionalism Program, and Transition to Law Practice Program.
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1980
- B.A., magna cum laude, Amherst College, 1977
Admissions : Texas
Rate : $$$