Frank Zarb is a partner in the Corporate Department, where he concentrates his practice on regulatory matters under the U.S. federal securities laws, as well as on equity finance transactions regulated under those laws.
He counsels public and private companies, broker-dealers, hedge funds, as well as other investors, on a wide range of transactional and securities regulatory compliance matters i
- Equity investments and dispositions in public and private companies
- Federal and state proxy requirements as well as shareholder proposals and communications
- Regulation of financial intermediaries, such the responsibilities of brokers to distribute proxy materials and interim reports
- New laws and regulations under the JOBS Act, the FAST Act and Dodd-Frank legislation
Frank’s practice is both domestic and international, beginning with his experience in senior positions with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
As a member of the Staff of the SEC’s Office of International Corporate Finance, Frank has advised U.S. companies seeking to do business in the EU, Asia and the Middle East, as well as companies from those regions doing business in the U.S., or otherwise seeking to comply with the U.S. securities laws. In the Office of Chief Counsel, he focused on federal proxy rules, and supervised a team of staff members who help to provide guidance in the course of proxy season.
Prior to joining the firm, Frank was deputy general counsel/chief securities counsel for Bristol Myers Squibb Co. in a new position required by the SEC. Prior to joining Bristol-Myers, Frank was a corporate partner with Morgan, Lewis & Brockius.
Frank is a Trustee of the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Foundation. He also serves as a member of the board of directors of Horizons Greater Washington. He is actively involved in his community. For example, he currently serves on the Alumni Governing Counsel for the Potomac School in McLean, Virginia.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D.
- Brown University, B.A.
Admissions & Qualifications : District of Columbia, New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit – Hon. Spottswood W. Robinson III
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia – Hon. Royce C. Lamberth
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- Co-Chair of the Securities, Commodities, and Exchanges Committee of the ABA’s Section of Administrative Law & Regulatory Practice
- Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals (Securities Law Committee member, 1999 – current)
Rate : $$$