Fraser L. Hunter, Jr. has extensive experience in securities enforcement, white collar crime and complex commercial litigation. He focuses on the counseling and representation of individuals, broker-dealers, hedge funds, investment banks and other financial market participants in internal investigations, regulatory enforcement and compliance matters, class actions and other complex litigation matters.
Mr. Hunter is a member of several bar associations including the American Bar Association, the Federal Bar Council and the Association of the Bar of the City of New York, where he has served on the Committee on International Human Rights, the Committee on Securities Regulation and the Securities Litigation Committee.
- Represented Bear Stearns in connections with regulatory and litigation matters arising out of the collapse of two Bear Stearns hedge funds relating to the sub-prime mortgage crisis
- Representation of an Audit Committee in connection with parallel investigations by the Department of Justice and the SEC regarding certain trade routing and compensation practices of a broker-dealer
- Representation of a broker-dealer in connection with parallel SEC, FINRA and civil litigation and customer arbitration matters arising out of the collapse of the Puerto Rico bond market
- Representation of hedge fund complex in connection with an SEC inquiry regarding certain related party transactions
- Representation of various individuals in SEC investigations involving, among other things, closed end funds, CDOs, municipal bond offerings, accounting matters and insider trading
- Regularly advises broker-dealer, investment adviser and investment banking clients on regulatory, compliance and enforcement-related matters
- Represented two defendant prime brokers in industry-wide litigation filed in state and federal court over various short sale practices
- Representation of an accounting firm in connection with litigation arising out of the Madoff ponzi scheme.
- JD, Columbia Law School, 1992
- BA, Brown University, 1988
ADMISSIONS : New York
CLERKSHIPS : The Hon. Martin L.C. Feldman, US District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana, 1992 – 1993
Rate : $$$