Fred Burnside concentrates his practice in complex civil litigation, with particular emphasis on class-action defense, consumer financial services litigation, and hydroelectric relicensing litigation. He is co-chair of Davis Wright Tremaine’s class action defense group.
Fred has counseled and represented numerous clients in class action lawsuits across the country, including Amazon.com, AOL, AT&T, eBay, Microsoft Corp., Providence Hospital Systems, Scholastic Inc., Shell Oil, Skype Inc., Starbucks, T-Mobile USA, The University of California, Verizon Wireless, and others.
Fred has served as deputy practice group chair, Hiring Committee member, Executive Committee member, and is currently a member of the firm’s Share Committee. He is also co-chair of the ABA’s Annual National Institute on Class Actions, former co-chair of the Consumer Law Subcommittee on Class and Derivative Suits, editor of the ABA Class Action Committee’s Annual Survey of State Class Action Litigation, and is a member of the American Law Institute.
- Associate, Milberg, Weiss, Bershad, Hynes & Lerach, San Diego, Calif.
- Judicial Intern, Hon. Barbara B. Crabb (W.D. Wisc.), Madison, Wis.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Co-chair, Davis Wright Tremaine’s Class Action Defense Group
- Member, Davis Wright Tremaine’s Share Committee
- Board Member of The William L. Dwyer American Inn of Court
- Co-chair National Institute on Class Actions, Class Action and Derivative Suits Committee, American Bar Association
- Washington State Liaison, Class Action and Derivative Suits Committee, American Bar Association
- American Law Institute, Principles of Aggregate (Class Action) Litigation, Members Consultative Group
- J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School, cum laude
- Member, University of Wisconsin Moot Court Board
- Recipient, Wisconsin State Bar Award for Highest Academic Achievement
- Elected as Student Graduation Speaker
- B.A., Philosophy, The Colorado College, with distinction
- Philosophy-Department Nominee for the Rhodes Scholarship
- Recipient, Robert Lewis and J. Glenn Gray Awards for Scholarship in Philosophy
Rate : $$$