Fred S. Hodara retired from the partnership at the end of 2016. Mr. Hodara was the leader of the firm’s financial restructuring practice. He represented private placement noteholders, committees, investment funds and other creditors in major financial restructuring and bankruptcy situations.Mr. Hodara’s committee representations often involved diverse creditor constituencies, such as the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Overseas Shipholding Group (insurance company, trade, bond and quasi-governmental committee members), where Mr. Hodara’s unsecured creditor constituents received a recovery of par plus post-petition interest.
Mr. Hodara also represented the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Washington Mutual Inc., the vast majority of whose unsecured have received payment in full in cash of their nearly $8 billion of claims, including the payment of all accrued post-petition interest at contract rates.Mr. Hodara has led significant cross-border insolvency matters, including representation of the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Nortel Networks, Inc. (Canada/U.K./U.S.) and of the Joint Official Liquidators of two Bear Stearns-managed subprime hedge funds (Cayman Islands/U.S.).
Mr. Hodara was a member of the Board of Trustees of the American College of Investment Counsel, is a former director of the Turnaround Management Association-New York Chapter, and a former member of the editorial board of INSOL World, the quarterly journal of INSOL International.
- Mr. Hodara’s notable representations have included:
- Philadelphia Inquirer Secured Lender Group
- Three Former Icelandic Banks (Kaupthing, Landsbanki, Glitnir)
- Foxwoods Resort Casino Special Revenue Obligations Noteholder Group
- Atlantic Power Noteholder Group
- Joint Official Liquidators of Bear Stearns subprime hedge funds
- Washington Mutual Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors
- Nortel Networks Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors
- Overseas Shipholding Group Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 1981
- B.A., Binghamton University, State University of New York, 1977
- New York
Rate : $$$