Frederick C. Fisher is a partner in Mayer Brown’s Chicago office and is co-leader of the global Lending group. Fred focuses his diverse finance practice on the representation of corporate and lending clients—including banks, private credit funds, private equity funds, and public and private corporations—in connection with complex domestic and international financing transactions at all levels of the capital structure.
His representations include leveraged buyouts, working capital financings, dividend recaps, cash flow and asset-based financings, add-on acquisitions, cross-border and multi-currency financings, fund level leverage facilities, ESOPs and numerous in- and out-of-court workouts and restructurings.
According to Chambers USA 2016, it is noted that “his knowledge of the market is as good as I’ve seen and he advocates well for his clients while still being reasonable.”
Fred is also actively involved in charitable organizations in the Chicago area. He serves as a board member of Open Books, which is a nonprofit venture that provides literacy education for thousands of readers in and around Chicago each year and which is an active member of the Literacenter (formed by the Chicago Literacy Alliance).
He also serves as a board member of the Middle Market Open Board, which organization fundraises for the National Kidney Foundation of Illinois through its annual Middle Market Open Tournament.
- Northwestern University School of Law, JD
- Miami University, BS
Admissions : Illinois
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Board Member, Open Books
- Revolving and term loan facility to a family of companies comprising a major national moving and storage business to fund a 100% ESOP buyout.
- $500 million loan facility to a global producer of paper related products used to refinance existing indebtedness and for the acquisition of a filtration company.
- Last out lender in a unitranche asset-based credit facility to finance a private equity backed acquisition of a multi-unit franchise.
- Loan facility to finance a private equity backed acquisition of a bulk material handling & industrial sampling manufacturer.
- Unitranche asset-based credit facility to a global print and online media company and its subsidiaries.
- Acquisition financing for an international restaurant franchisee (including Sizzler restaurant chain) in the United States, Australia and Canada.
- Acquisition financing for a large chemical company’s purchase of various mineral producers in the Southeastern United States.
- Asset-based working capital loan facility for a large importer of women’s clothing and related products.
- Private equity fund and its portfolio company, a system of anesthesiology practices, in connection with a year-end dividend recapitalization and an increase to their revolving and term loan facilities.
- Illinois state-licensed Video Gaming Terminal Operator as borrower in connection with a term loan facility secured by all assets, including Video Gaming Terminals.
- Large Dubai investment fund as U.S. local counsel in the potential acquisition of exclusive dealership arrangement for sales in the Middle East of U.S. manufactured corporate jets.
Rate : $$$