Frederick N. Gleaton was admitted to the Bar in 1976 as one of the youngest lawyers in Georgia. In the 41 years since, his civil litigation practice has included litigation in the fields of products liability, physician and attorney professional liability, property and premises liability, commercial disputes, and general personal injury defense.
Mr. Gleaton has tried nearly 100 cases to jury verdict, 44 of them medical malpractice cases. Over his career, Gleaton has appeared as lead counsel of record in cases in the trials courts of 58 Georgia counties, two South Carolina counties, and all three U.S. District Courts in Georgia.
For the past thirty years, Mr. Gleaton has been principally involved in the defense of physicians and medical care providers in medical liability cases. He is a founding partner in Owen, Gleaton, Egan, Jones & Sweeney, LLP.
Mr. Gleaton was among the first ten lawyers in Georgia to be certified by the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys. He is a co-founder of the American Academy of Medical Malpractice Lawyers. A native south Georgian, Gleaton was raised on a farm near Warwick (population 434), and attended public schools in Crisp County.
- University of Virginia School of Law 1976
- University of Georgia, A.B. 1973
- Superior and State Courts of Georgia
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S.D.C. Northern District of Georgia
- U.S.D.C. Middle District of Georgia
- U.S.D.C. Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Professional or Trade Affiliations/Memberships:
- State Bar of Georgia
- Atlanta Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Eagle International Associates
Rate : $$$$