Frederick L. Hartmann concentrates his practice in corporate and securities law, with particular emphasis on acquisitions and corporate finance. His extensive experience, calm manner and focus on all parties’ objectives help his clients get deals done.
A seasoned practitioner, Fred has more than 25 years experience representing strategic and financial buyers in a wide range of public and private acquisition transactions. He has successfully guided sellers, investors, lenders, independent directors and management groups in complex acquisition and disposition transactions.
Fred’s clients have included issuers and underwriters, who he has represented in public securities offerings as well as proxy and registration statements for public business combinations. His private placement work includes structured international financings.
Fred counsels public companies and other clients on disclosure, public reporting, and general securities and corporate matters.
His experience extends to counseling chief executives and other senior officers with respect to their retirement or other terminations of employment.
- Fred represented NiSource Inc. in its acquisition of Columbia Energy Group, a $6 billion transaction that established the largest natural gas distributor east of the Rocky Mountains.
- Fred represented Newell Rubbermaid Inc. in its acquisition of The Gillette Company’s Stationery Products business, which included the Parker, Waterman. Paper Mate and Liquid Paper brands.
- Fred’s work on proxy and registration statements for public business combinations includes his representation of Newell Co. in its acquisition of Rubbermaid Incorporated, a megamerger that nearly doubled the company’s size.
- Fred has represented issuers and underwriters in a variety of public offerings and private placements.
- University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 1969
- Princeton University, A.B., 1966
Rate : $$$