Frederick P. Marczyk represents clients in commercial, product liability, and class action litigation in the insurance, technology, consumer products, and entertainment industries. He has litigated disputes in trial, appellate, and bankruptcy courts throughout the country and has successfully mediated or settled numerous complex disputes prior to and during litigation.
Fred has extensive experience in insurance-related matters. He counsels insurer clients and litigates coverage and extra-contractual liability disputes relating to various types of primary, umbrella, and excess liability policies.
- St. Paul Mercury Insurance Company v. The Order of St. Benedict, Inc., No. 0:15-cv-2617 (D. Minn.) Defeated motion to dismiss and obtained summary judgment on behalf of insurer client.
- Barth, et al. v. The Walt Disney Company, et al., No. 2:16-cv-2140 (E.D. Pa.) Obtained dismissal of lawsuit on behalf of clients based on the lack of personal jurisdiction.
- NBL Flooring, Inc. v. Trumbull Insurance Company, et al., No. 10-4398 (E.D. Pa.) Represented insurance company and its parent in a putative class action alleging improper audit practices and premium calculation. Obtained summary judgment for parent and defeated plaintiff’s motion for class certification.
- Becker v. Farmington Cas. Co., No. 1:08-CV-2228 (M.D. Pa.) Defeated motion for remand and obtained judgment on the pleadings on behalf of insurer client.
- RGP Dental, Inc. v. Charter Oak Fire Ins. Co., No. 04-445 (D.R.I.) Obtained summary judgment on behalf of insurer client.
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 2002, cum laude
- The College of New Jersey, B.A., 1998
Bar Admissions : New Jersey, Pennsylvania
Rate : $$$