Frederick Schenk, who has been with CaseyGerry for 35 years, achieved the largest verdict ever in San Diego against an asbestos manufacturer – Owens Corning Fiberglass – obtaining a $2.4 million verdict in punitive damages as well as economic losses.
In addition, he is a specialist in auto collision litigation and co-author of the LexisNexis California Automobile Litigation Handbook. Over the years, he has received numerous awards and honors for his work – including recognition as an Outstanding Trial Lawyer from the Consumer Attorneys of San Diego.
Additionally, he has been selected by his peers as San Diego’s Trial Lawyer of the Year in the area of mass torts in both the 2014 and 2018 editions of Best Lawyers in America. He has remained active in both community and professional groups, and finds tremendous gratification in his work as an attorney, especially when he provided services to the families of the victims of 9/11 via Trial Lawyers Care, the largest pro bono program in the history of American jurisprudence.
“My greatest sense of professional achievement came when I provided pro bono representation for a young man who lost his Muslim wife in the 9/11 attacks,” he recalls. “I arbitrated the case in New York and obtained a seven-figure result for him and his late wife’s parents.”
He is past president of the San Diego County Fair board, and California Governor Jerry Brown recently re-appointed him to another four year term on the board, which oversees all activities at the Del Mar Fairgrounds.
- University of California at Los Angeles, B.A., 1975
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D., 1978
- Diplomate, National College of Advocacy,
- American Association for Justice, 2014
- Civil Justice Foundation, President, 2005-06
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Emeritus Board Member
- American Association for Justice, Board of Governors, 2010-present
- San Diego County Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of California, 1979-present
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Board of Directors
Rate : $$$