Frederick Taehoon Lee, the co-leader of Akin Gump’s integrated special situations group, focuses on acquisition financing transactions.Fred represents alternative capital sources in connection with loan originations and distressed investments and private equity sponsors, portfolio companies and other borrowers in connection with leveraged buyouts and corporate finance transactions.
He also has extensive experience with restructuring the balance sheet of overleveraged companies. He routinely advises on out-of-court restructurings including exchange offers and debt workouts.In addition, Fred performs risk arbitrage analysis for special situations investors as they assess potential credit investments.
- Extensive experience in distressed and rescue financings and out-of-court and in-court restructurings.
- Extensive experience in acquisition financings and portfolio company corporate finance transactions.
- Focuses on advising special situations investors, other alternative capital sources, private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies on financing transactions.
- Acted for a global logistics portfolio company of a private equity fund in connection with a $1.3 billion senior secured credit facility.
- Counseled a water park operator portfolio company of a private equity fund in connection with a $420 million senior secured credit facility.
- Represented a wine and spirit distributor in connection with $415 million of term and asset-backed revolving facilities.
- Acted for Centerpoint Energy, Inc. in connection with $5 billion bridge commitment to support contemplated acquisition of Vectren Corporation.
- Advised second lien lender group in connection with out-of-court restructuring of $290 million first lien facility and $135 million second lien facility for an industrial supply distribution company.
- Represented lenders in connection with $90 million debtor in possession financing provided to a mining company.
- Advised a private equity fund in connection with a $500 million senior secured credit facility to finance its acquisition of a publicly traded military contractor.
- Counseled a marketing services portfolio company of a private equity fund in connection with a $1.4 billion first lien credit facility.
- Represented a special situations credit fund in connection with a $550 million senior secured term loan financing to a hospice service provider.
- Represented lenders in connection with a $50 million secured term loan to Petroquest Energy, L.L.C.
- J.D., Yale Law School, 2004
- B.A., Yale University, 1999
- New York
Rate : $$$