L. Frederick Williams concentrates his practice in federal taxation, state and local taxation, oil and gas taxation, business and public finance. Mr. Williams’ experience includes significant involvement in complex business transactions, involvement in a variety of economic development projects, including low-income housing tax credits, new market tax credits, opportunity zones, and tax increment financing.
Fred frequently represents public and private entities in public finance and other matters. Mr. Williams is a certified public accountant (inactive). He is the leader of the firm’s Public Finance Team.
- Experienced in negotiating and documenting financial incentives related to energy projects
- Experienced in state and local midstream tax matters and matters relating to income tax issues associated with the sale or purchase of midstream assets
- Represented numerous taxpayers in federal and state tax controversies
- Served as underwriter’s counsel for the restructuring of approximately $330 million of existing and new debt for a major regional hospital chain
- Served as bond counsel for a major regional hospital in the issuance of bonds to finance a major addition and refinance prior bonds
- Served as lead counsel on the successful structuring of a major research nonprofit’s corporate structure; the restructuring successfully positioned the nonprofit to conduct for-profit operations and enter into joint ventures through for-profit subsidiaries
- J.D. West Virginia University
- L.L.M. University of Florida (Taxation)
- B.S. Wheeling Jesuit University
- Former President, Huntington Chapter, West Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Distinguished West Virginian 1992
- Independent Petroleum Association of America, Tax Committee
- Taxation Committee, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Board, West Virginia Independent Colleges and Universities, Inc.
Rate : $$$$