Since the late 1980s, G. Joe Ellis has litigated a wide variety of toxic tort cases, including dockets involving thousands of plaintiffs. His work for Fortune 100 companies and large, privately owned manufacturing companies also includes litigating cases involving environmental, agricultural, commercial and civil matters. He has extensive litigation experience in personal injury defense, with a focus on defense of wrongful death litigation.
Joe oversees all facets of the daily management of hundreds of asbestos cases, including managing discovery, deposing witnesses and prepping diligently for trial. At each step, he consults with clients to understand their litigation goals, explain his strategy and ensure the focus remains on producing the most positive results.
Joe has achieved an impressive list of trial results that includes several no liability/zero damages verdicts and a judgment reversal that was ultimately rendered in favor of the defendant on appeal.
- Obtained defense verdict (no liability, zero damages) in six-month jury or sole defendant in toxic tort action prosecuted by more than 200 individual plaintiffs who were seeking more than $600 million. Plaintiffs alleged they’d been exposed to chemicals from hazardous-waste site.
- Won defense verdict (no liability, zero damages) in multimillion-dollar, multiplaintiff jury trial in U.S. District Court, Beaumont Division. Plaintiffs alleged occupational exposure to solvents.
- Obtained defense verdict in jury trial in multimillion-dollar mesothelioma/asbestos liability suit in Beaumont, Texas.
- Represented consumer product distributor in arbitration proceeding before American Arbitration Association. Prosecution alleged breach of contract, fraud and claims of deceptive trade practices. Verdict resulted in award of more than $1 million.
- J.D., South Texas College of Law
- B.S., Florida State University
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
Professional Associations and Memberships :
- The Florida Bar
- Houston Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
Rate : $$$