G. Kirk Domescik is the managing partner of the firm’s Atlanta office. He concentrates his practice in the areas of healthcare and corporate law, with particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, company organization and governance, including preparation of operating agreements and shareholder agreements, general corporate counseling and other transactional matters.
Mr. Domescik has particular experience in drafting and negotiating licensing, management, distribution, supply and employment agreements and in representing inception-stage companies in obtaining venture capital funding using a variety of financing alternatives. He also frequently advises privately-held companies on corporate governance matters.
Mr. Domescik also has substantial experience in advising physician practice groups and other healthcare providers on operational issues affecting their businesses and a variety of healthcare transactional and regulatory matters.
He has particular experience in the acquisition and divestiture of assisted living facilities and skilled nursing facilities and related financing arrangements. Mr. Domescik frequently advises healthcare providers on the impact of the Stark law and fraud and abuse laws.
- Represented an owner/operator of hospital systems in the purchase of a medical campus consisting of an operating hospital and a four-story medical office building located in Dallas, Texas.
- Represented a national developer and manager of diagnostic imaging facilities in a joint venture transaction for the ownership and operation of two free-standing diagnostic imaging facilities located in Tupelo, Mississippi.
- Represented a physician practice group specializing in emergency medicine, emergency critical care and related services in the sale of 100% of its common stock to a leading provider of physician-led services, ambulatory surgery center management, post-acute care and medical transportation.
- Represented an international security company in the sale of the equity interests of its subsidiary providing residential-based juvenile services in Florida, Texas and Tennessee to a Florida-based private equity firm.
- Represented teleneurology company in the sale of 100% of its equity to a national telemedicine company.
- Counsel to venture capital firm in investments in technology companies.
- Represented investor group in the acquisition of the assets and operations of daily fee golf course, including the assumption of a ground lease for the golf course property.
- Represented physician practice group specializing in ophthalmology in its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of an optometry practice, including the acquisition of the building and real estate owned by the optometry practice.
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1994
- Duke University, B.A., 1990
Admissions : Georgia
- Duane Morris LLP , – Partner, 2005-present
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C. (formerly Vincent, Berg, Stalzer & Menendez, P.C.), Atlanta, Georgia , – Associate, 1997-2003
- Sumner & Anderson, Atlanta, Georgia, – Associate, 1994-1997
- State Bar of Georgia
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Advisory Committee Member and Volunteer Attorney for Pro Bono Partnership of Atlanta
Rate : $$$