Matt Loftin counsels individuals, families, and businesses on a broad range of trust and estate matters, including business planning. He advises clients on tax-efficient wealth and property transfers made during lifetime and at death through the utilization of client-specific planning techniques, including charitable planning, business-succession planning, and special needs planning. In addition, Matt represents executors, trustees, and personal representatives in the administration of trusts and estates.
Matt works frequently with business owners to assist them with the transition of their business to future generations through the use of advanced gifting techniques in order to minimize transfer tax exposure while oftentimes also allowing the owner to temporarily retain his or her ownership benefits. He also assists directors and corporations with the formation and governance of nonprofit and tax-exempt organizations.
- Sole Practitioner, G. Matthew Loftin, Attorney at Law, San Antonio, 2010-2011
- Associate, Stumpf Farrimond, P.C., San Antonio, 2007-2010
Professional & Community Activities:
- Board of Directors, Eastside Legal Assistance Program
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section – King County Bar Association
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section – Washington State Bar Association
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section; Tax Section – State Bar of Texas
- Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section – American Bar Association
- LL.M., Taxation, University of Washington School of Law, 2011
- J.D., Drake University Law School, 2005
- B.A., Physics/Mathematics, Kalamazoo College, 1999
Rate : $$$