G. Scott Rafshoon’s diverse legal practice includes corporate law, project finance and government affairs, offering clients a unique perspective on the intersection of government, business and the law. Scott has represented clients involved in various social infrastructure projects at the local, state and federal levels.
He is recognized as a leading authority on the privatization and financing of military base infrastructure. In addition, Scott has represented private sector clients in the redevelopment of closed military bases.
Leveraging his 15 years of experience with military housing Public-Private Partnerships, Scott frequently counsels clients on negotiating and financing university infrastructure projects.
In the corporate law arena, Scott advises companies in connection with mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, corporate governance, contracts, joint ventures and commercial lending. He has been recognized by The Legal 500 for his M&A experience.
Scott frequently practices with the firm’s government relations group, often coordinating the work of government affairs professionals on behalf of his corporate and PPP clients. His knowledge of this area of the law and his background as a professional journalist have enabled him to bring an additional level of service to many clients.
A native of Atlanta, his clients have included several local, state and federal political candidates and officeholders, as well as political action committees. Prior to attending law school, Scott was a newspaper and magazine reporter, with an emphasis on political reporting. This background gives him a unique vantage point from which to advise a range of clients.
He has also worked on First Amendment issues and is a former editor of Georgia’s Sunshine Laws: A Citizen’s Guide to Open Government. Scott is an adjunct professor at Emory University School of Law, where he teaches contract drafting and deal skills.
- JD, Emory University School of Law, 1996
- BA, Dartmouth College, cum laude, 1987
- District of Columbia
- Represented utilities privatization contractor in $400 million project finance transaction at Aberdeen Proving Ground (MD).
- Advised a short-listed consortium bidding to design, build, finance, operate and maintain the new Merced campus at the University of California.
- Advised a short-listed concessionaire in connection with its bid to design, build, finance and operate the student housing assets at nine campuses included in the Georgia Board of Regents’ student housing PPP project.
- Negotiated a master development agreement between a private sector team and the Georgia Department of Transportation for a multi-modal passenger terminal in downtown Atlanta.
- Represented a leading airline company in restructuring its long-term catering outsourcing relationship, the carrier’s second largest single contract.
- Adjunct Professor, Emory School of Law
- Board of Directors, Zaban Couples Center
- Board of Directors, American Israel Chamber of Commerce (SE)
- Georgia First Amendment Foundation
- Association for Corporate Growth
Rate : $$$