Gabriel Jiran is Chair of the firm’s Employer Defense and Labor Relations Practice Group.
Gabriel practices labor and employment law on behalf of corporations and public employers. He assists employers in addressing the full spectrum of issues associated with the employment relationship.
He negotiates collective bargaining agreements, and frequently represents employers before administrative agencies and courts in labor disputes. Gabriel also litigates employment disputes on behalf of employers, including discrimination claims based on age, disability, race, national origin, gender, sexual harassment, and workers’ compensation retaliation.
Gabriel is frequently asked to speak and write on labor and employment matters on both a local and national level. He has spoken at conferences for the National Public Employer Labor Relations Association, the International Personnel Management Association, the Connecticut Bar Association, the Connecticut Association of Nonprofits, and the Connecticut Business and Industry Association.
He also served as a guest lecturer at the University of Connecticut School of Business MBA program. He has had several articles and books published, including the Model Employee Handbook for Nonprofits, and his review of federal labor decisions was published for years as a part of the Connecticut Bar Association’s annual meeting.
Gabriel is Former Chair of the firm’s Committee on Diversity and Inclusion and actively promotes diversity both within and outside of the firm. As Former President and current member of the Lawyer’s Collaborative for Diversity (“LCD”) Gabriel has participated in many of its programs, including serving as a mentor to minority law students through LCD’s mentorship program.
- American Bar Association: Labor and Employment Section
- Connecticut Bar Association: Executive Committee, Labor and Employment Law Section; Member, Annual Review Committee
- Hartford County Bar Association
- International Personnel Management Association
- Connecticut Public Employer Labor Relations Association
- Labor Employment Relations Association
- Lawyers Collaborative for Diversity: Former President (2016-2017); Vice President/President-Elect (2014-2015)
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D., 1996, with honors
- Miami University, B.S., 1993
Rate : $$$