Gabriel (Gabe) Racine Judd is a partner in the Chicago office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Insurance Coverage, Bad Faith Litigation, School Districts and Municipalities, Labor & Employment, and General Liability Practices.
Mr. Judd has considerable courtroom experience defending insurance companies in coverage and extra-contractual matters, and successfully tried to verdict, as lead counsel, first party insurance coverage and bad faith cases.
He also focuses his practice in defending municipalities in general liability, employment, and civil rights actions, handling a wide range of premise, discrimination and police misconduct matters. He has extensive civil litigation experience, and successfully defended matters pending both in Illinois state and federal courts and before the Illinois Human Rights Commission.
- Florida Coastal School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2007
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, visiting student, 2007
- Augustana College, Bachelor of Arts in History, 2003
- State Bar Admissions, Illinois
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA), Young Lawyers Division (2008-present)
- Chicago Bar Association
- Chicago Lawyers 16″ Softball Association , League Commissioner (2014-present)
- Youth Guidance, Junior Board Member (2017-present)
Representative Cases :
- Wanda Comein, et al. v. City of Country Club Hills, et al. (ND Ill. 2017)(successfully defended municipality in employment discrimination matter arising from budgetary dispute and eventual elimination of former employee’s positions)
- Candice Sankarsingh v. Allstate Indemnity Company (1st Dist 2016)(successfully tried to defense verdict for national insurer at jury trial in breach of contract and bad faith case after insurer denied Plaintiff’s residential fire loss claim pursuant to the Intentional Acts and Concealment or Fraud provisions of the insurer’s insurance policy).
- Estate of Christine Anderson v. Allstate Indemnity Company (1st Dist. 2016)(successfully tried to defense verdict for national insurer at 2-week bench trial in breach of contract case after insurer denied the insured’s residential fire loss pursuant to Concealment or Fraud policy exclusion, and subsequently died before discovery).
Rate : $$$$