Gabriel M. Steele is a member of Venable’s Corporate Group. His practice involves a wide range of corporate law matters, including corporate governance, securities transactions, corporate finance, and mergers and acquisitions, with a particular focus on Maryland corporation law as it relates to real estate investment trusts.
In addition, Gabe provides ongoing advice on federal and state securities matters to both public and private companies. While in law school, Gabe served as a judicial intern to The Honorable Glenn T. Harrell, Jr. of the Court of Appeals of Maryland. He was the recipient of the Bridgewater M. Arnold Prize for Commercial Law and graduated summa cum laude.
- Maryland counsel to Chambers Street Properties in connection with a stock for stock merger with Gramercy Properties Trust Inc. The merger created the largest industrial and office net lease REIT, with an enterprise value of approximately $5.8 billion.
- Maryland counsel to Inland Real Estate Corporation in connection with its acquisition by real estate funds managed by DRA Advisors LLC, in a transaction valued at approximately $2.3 billion.
- Maryland counsel to Inland American Real Estate Trust, Inc. in connection with its spin-off and NYSE listing of Xenia Hotels & Resorts, Inc.
- Counsel to the special committee of the board of directors of a REIT.
- Representation of numerous privately owned companies in connection with angel- and venture-backed private placement transactions.
- J.D. summa cum laude University of Maryland School of Law 2011
- B.S. Recording Industry cum laudeMiddle Tennessee State University 2002
Bar Admissions : Maryland
Professional Memberships :
- Maryland State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Maryland Council on Economic Education Governing Board of Trustees
Community : Gabe serves on the Committee on Lawyer Assistance Program of the Maryland State Bar Association. The program provides confidential assistance to members of the legal community with alcohol/substance abuse or other mental health issues.
Rate : $$$