Garrett A. DeVries provides public and private companies with strategic guidance on all facets of securities transactions, regularly advising on initial and follow-on offerings of equity and debt, Rule 144A offerings and A/B exchange offers, private equity and debt financings.
Garrett has particular experience with clients in the construction and manufacturing sectors. He handles corporate governance matters involving:
- Capital raising
- Securities compliance
- Reporting obligations
- Shareholder relations.
- Acted as counsel to US Concrete, Inc, a leading producer in premixed concrete operating in San Francisco; Dallas/Fort Worth; New York City; and Washington, D.C., in completing a follow-on debt offering of $200 million that allowed the company to expand operations.
- Provided advice to an oil and gas exploration and production company in multiple Regulation S offerings outside the U.S. and concurrent Regulation D private placements inside the U.S.
- Advised Construction Partners, Inc., a vertically integrated construction company providing construction products and services to public and private infrastructure projects, in a $180 million initial public stock offering.
- Assisted Commercial Metal Company (CMC) in more than 10 strategic acquisitions and dispositions. As a result of the transactions, CMC now has an expanded geographic footprint in the largest construction regions in the United States.
- Represented a major supplier of aviation parts in its $1.7 billion sale to one of the world’s leading aerospace companies.
- Provides counsel on capital-raising, securities compliance, reporting obligations, shareholder relations and other governance matters.
- Leads complex mergers, acquisitions, and dispositions for public and private companies.
- Acts as lead securities counsel for several public companies.
- J.D., University of Chicago Law School, 1994
- B.S., Georgia Institute of Technology, with highest honors, 1991
Rate : $$$